11th INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL „FACES WITHOUT MASKS” 2018 Skopje, Macedonia: 12-16 April
The INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL „FACES WITHOUT MASKS“, is
dedicated to the worldwide independent professional production, and it promote the alternative and experimental expression.
The organization of the Festival this edition dedicates to the best worldwide independent theatre works, aiming to encourage, promote and establish the inventive and contemporary theatre concept.
The Mission of the 11th edition of the Festival “Faces without Masks” shall be focusing on the selection of the best theatre performances that comply with the festival’s principles.
The uniqueness of the Festival “Faces without Masks”, apart from the fact that is the only one of such type and competitive character in Macedonia, it is also the fact that is organized by an independent professional theatre production from Skopje, i.e the independent “Theatre 007”, that in the past ten years has established itself as an important impetus in the theatre life in Macedonia.
Therefore, the organization of the Festival launches an international call for proposals to all interested professional theatre companies throughout the world, to take part in the call that shall be opened till 30, January, 2018.
The received applications shall be looked into by the delegated selector of the Festival and the final decision shall be announced on 1, February, 2018 the latest.
Official appliacion form you can download HERE
INTERNATIONAL THEATRE FESTIVAL „FACES WITHOUT MASKS“ is announcing an
open call for participation in the competitive programme of the 11th Festival edition which is going to be held 12-16 April 2018, in Skopje, Macedonia.
The main focus that this festival gain is to promote the alternative, the innovative and experimental theater, created by young authors around the world. The aim is to present the best of theatrical aesthetics in the world. All are invited to send their applications to Festival Head Office address:
International Theatre Festival FACES WITHOUT MASKS Congress Centre Aleksandar Makedonski (Universal Hall –Skopje) bul. “Partizanski odredi” b.b. 1000 Skopje, R.Macedonia
or to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by 15 January 2018 at the latest. Applications received beyond the stated deadline will not be considered.
* All types of theatre are represented at the festival, with selection priority being given to non- verbal, mime, open stage spectacles, musical or silent plays, alternative and experimental projects, dance ect.
Additionally the festival, will organize a theater workshop held by professional theater workers.
So every theater group should propose their own mentor and send short info or concept for the workshops which will take place within the festival programme.
The theatre workshop is intended for all participants of the festival. There will be only one workshop which will be held the day after the performance of every theatre group. The purpose of these workshops is to exchange experiences and knowledge of theatre.
HOW TO APPLY:
All those applying for official selection are under obligation, besides sending the completed application form by regular mail or by e- mail, to send the following:
1. complete application form
2. full length DVD (i.e. video recording of the whole performance)
3. short promo video of the performance (max 10-15 min)
4. 5 horizontal photographs of the performance (13×18 cm, 300 dpi, quality 3/
i.e. about 1500 x 2100 pixels)
5. short summary of the performance in English (up to 900 characters)
6. cast and production team list (full names please)
7. shortlist of all theatre members attending to the festival
8. photos of all theatre members attending to the festival
9. short text about the theatre, containing the most important artistic achievements (up to 900 characters)
10. Technical card according to the official application form
11. short info about the workshop (concept, topic, mentor)
12. critics and reviews for the performance ( minimum 2)
13. theatre company logo
Without these elements the application will NOT be considered valid and complete. These elements are necessary for the selection (a recording – when it is not possible to see the live performance) and for creating the catalogue of the Festival. Submitted material will be kept in Festival archives and will not be returned.
The basic criteria for the selection of performances are their artistic quality. The quality of the performances applied for competitive programme will be judged by selector of the Festival (Igor Ivkovic). Selection process shall be completed at least 10 days prior to the commencement of the Festival.
Selection results will be published by 01 February 2018 at the latest. Individual notifications will be sent only to those theatres/participants whose performance is chosen to be presented within competitive programme.
CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION:
1. Costs of travel to and from Skopje are the responsibility of the participants,
2. Organization Committee of the Festival covers costs of local transport,
3. Organization Committee provides accommodation (hotel, full board)
4. Organization Committee provides technical support.
5. The festival covers the costs for food and accommodation during the festival days, maximum for 10 people per a theatre group.
For the groups that exceed this number, all the cost for food and accommodation will be paid by groups themselves. About the costs for food and accommodation for extra participants … all selected theatre groups will be additionally informed.
The festival does not cover any other expenses unless stated. Theatres that have requirements for participation in the festival program will not be considered.
* * *
Should you have any further inquiries, please contact Festival Head Office. (phone:
+389 70 991 961; e-mail: email@example.com web: www.faceswithoutmasks.mk)
We look forward to receiving your application. Please accept our cordial and friendly regards.
With true appreciation,
MiodragKostic General Manager